We’re combining two cuisines into one dish! Our Hot N’ Sassy pulled pork enchiladas is a take on a classic Mexican dish with BBQ flavors. Pair with your favorite margarita, and enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yields 4-6 servings
- Enchilada sauce, approx. 1 can
- Southern Belle’s Hot N’ Sassy Sauce
- 1/2 lb pork carnitas, (you can slow cook your own or buy fresh made)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Canola oil, for frying
- 8 corn tortillas
- Two 4-ounce cans diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped black onions
- 2 1/2 cups queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, heat enchilada sauce. Let simmer.
- Heat up a sauté pan with enough oil to coat the base approx. 1 tbsp. Mix in pulled pork and 2 tablespoons of Southern Belle’s Hot N’ Sassy Sauce. Mix until combined completely. Add more Hot N’ Sassy to taste. Let simmer.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat some canola oil. Lightly fry the tortillas just until soft. Do not crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all the tortillas have been fried.
- Spread 1/2 of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish
- One at a time, dip each tortilla into the sauce. set the sauce soaked tortillas on a plate.
- Inside each tortilla, place a mixture of pork, chilies, and black olives, and a generous portion of crumbled queso fresco.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the top. Coat the top with the remainder of the queso fresco.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly
- Top with a drizzle of Hot N’ Sassy, chopped onion, fresh cilantro, and enjoy!